Wonderfunk is an interactive blog focusing on dialogs related to gadgets, tech, web 2.0, music, design, art, my life and likes, how-to's, MAKE culture, instructables, and just general cool link aggregation and commentary.

12 December 2006

The Mechanics Files - CarTalk - NPR

Anyone who knows me is certainly aware that I listen to npr almost constantly when I am in the car. WHYY is Philly is truly a blessing, and I find myself going crazy if I drive out of its coverage area.....particularly in parts of the country that have rationalized it to be a good idea to leverage half of their day broadcasting classical music instead of more interactive npr programming.

One of my favorites is of course Car Talk, if you haven;t listened you should give it a shot. Tom and Ray manage to make every call (whether pathetic or complex) a good time. The also have this great feature on their website called The Mechanics Files. Basically it is a community populated and reviewed mechanics directory. One of the most stressful things you can do is take you car to the shop, at least I am constantly feeling like I am being ripped off. With the Mechanics Files you can really have more piece of mind.

Dennis
wonderfunk

digg this del.icio.us

No comments: