Wonderfunk is an interactive blog focusing on dialogs related to gadgets, tech, web 2.0, music, design, art, my life and likes, how-to's, MAKE culture, instructables, and just general cool link aggregation and commentary.

29 December 2007

More Audiobook Reviews

I finished Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card:
rating: I liked it but would call it fair compared to the other books, I now regret that I decided to head down the path of bean instead of ender for how I would read the series.

1776 by David McCullough:
rating: excellent, would have liked an epilogue to cover the first 3 months of 1777.

A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore:
rating: awesome, fun! This book was a blast, dark humor but I found myself laughing out loud a number of times, the narration on this was great....I could literally picture the story unfold. I want will definitely read Moore :)

The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki
rating: quite good, definitely interesting....I have always subscribed to the theory of "Person Smart, People Stupid" this tome attempts to propose the exact opposite.

The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
rating: in progress....so far a number of great points and ideas, definitely will result in pissing a lot of people should people choose to follow his advice, at least this is true for people in a corporate setting. Probably works much better for people in product oriented occupations that are individual contributors without much in the way of management aspirations or responsibilities, but then again I'm not finished yet.

Up Next:
Restless by William Boyd.

Can you tell I love this Audible Subscription.

digg this del.icio.us

No comments: