Wonderfunk is an interactive blog focusing on dialogs related to gadgets, tech, web 2.0, music, design, art, my life and likes, how-to's, MAKE culture, instructables, and just general cool link aggregation and commentary.

18 February 2007

Silverjet - great idea in air travel

I'm lucky enough to be on the East Coast and probably have a few trips required to London this year. The Silverjet idea is awesome...take a Boeing 767 which normally holds 300, gut it, put in 100 seats and 5 bathrooms, and charge $1600 for a round-trip...Oh did I mention the seats lie flat at 6'3" and the meals and service are top shelf. Every passenger gets a personal entertainment system and a library of things to pick from.

To top it all off they are the first airline to go Carbon Dioxide Neutral.

I love it when companies shake it up and while not ignoring capitalistic instincts. Then again I guess we need to check back in 5 years to see if they are bankrupt, but until then I'm a fan.

digg this del.icio.us

No comments: